These are five things I have discovered over the week in the world of food and wine that have my attention.
- Tried these Lentil and Cauliflower Tacos from Cookie and Kate and OMG. They are hearty, healthy, and relatively easy. Watch for a blog post. They are THAT GOOD.
- My inner Liz Lemon is coming on strong. A new Eataly just opened in Bologna, Italy. It’s billed as the Disneyland of food. I want to go to there. Who cares if I have already been to the one in New York?
- Worried about making a spectacle of yourself wine tasting? just posted an Etiquette Guide to a formal wine tasting that’s sure to help out and make you look as cool as a cucumber.
- Just discovered another California wine blog, and I can’t wait to explore its archives. Wine Tasting Bliss has an updated event calendar that’ll help you plan your wine tasting trip.
- Napa and Sonoma are still recovering from last months wildfires, but a recent Los Angeles Times article said only a minimal number wineries were affected. The vineyards themselves acted as firebreaks because of their high moisture content. The effects of the fires on the quality won’t be seen in wine for quite a while. Meanwhile, they are encouraging people to come back to Napa and Sonoma to enjoy the wine.
In Other News
Oh and one last thing, I have made progress on my Thanksgiving prep and bought flowers for the front door. Now on to the décor! How is your Turkey Day prep going?